Date 9/4 || Time 8:00 PM || Venue Wallace Wade || Video ESPN
Last season, Duke football surprised a lot of people by finishing 9-4, including a win in the Military Bowl.
Mike Elko was named ACC Coach of the Year and also signed to an extension by Duke.
Riley Leonard emerged as a really good quarterback and now a junior, has even been mentioned as a possible Heisman candidate.
And now, the Blue Devils open Year II of the Elko era on Monday with vastly higher expectations and with the Clemson Tigers in the house too.
Could they pull it off?
Clemson has been a monster program for a while now but it’s not near the peak it was a few years ago.
It still won’t be easy. Football is religion at Clemson. They’re going to come to Wallace Wade with a superiority complex, and frankly it’s deserved. That’s what they’re good at and they expect to be.
But we saw signs of brilliance last year from Duke. The Blue Devils may not win this game, but we expect they’re going to make an impression.
- The Chronicle’s 2023 Duke football season preview
- Family, luck or no reason at all: Why Duke football’s veterans changed numbers this offseason
- ‘Our leadership is going to carry this offense’: Duke football’s Moore, Calhoun look to use their experience as quarterbacks to spark receiving room
- ‘The hardest football player that we have’: Meet Graham Barton, Duke football’s secret weapon
- After returning every starter, Duke football’s defensive line brings experience, resolve in 2023
- ‘The CEO of Duke football’: Elko’s leadership front and center as the program looks to rebrand
- How Duke beats Clemson football on Labor Day.
- Advanced Outlook: Clemson at Duke projections
- USA TODAY Sports expert picks for Clemson vs. Duke heavily favor the Tigers
- Clemson Football: Five keys to victory against the Duke Blue Devils