Boston’s chances of making a historic comeback after being down 3-0 ran into serious trouble on the opening play when Jayson Tatum twisted his ankle. He played 42 minutes, but he was clearly limited and only scored 14 points, hitting just 5-13 and only 1-4 from three point range. Jaylen Brown had 19 while Derrick White hit 18 but the Celtics couldn’t make up for Tatum’s limited contribution, losing 103-84. Boston only got 16 points from the bench.
Not much you can say; it’s just one of those things that no one can control.
So now Miami goes on to play Denver in the finals. Jack White is under contract to the Nuggets. He is on a two-way contract though so he can’t be on the roster in the playoffs. We’re not sure if he’ll get a ring should Denver win, but with Tatum out, he’s the last member of the Brotherhood who could.
- Jayson Tatum injury: Celtics forward rolls ankle on first play of Game 7
- Kevin Garnett Shouts Out Jayson Tatum After Celtics Star’s Game 7 Homage
- Jayson Tatum’s sprained ankle derails Celtics’ hopes of making history in Game 7 loss to Heat
- Celtics: Awful Jayson Tatum take has Stephen A Smith clowning self
- Jayson Tatum twists ankle in opening minute of Game 7, doesn’t blame injury for loss
- Jayson Tatum, Celtics Struggle, Fall To Heat In Game 7
- Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown ripped after loss vs Heat
- Celtics: Robert Williams III’s shocking exit after Jayson Tatum injury sparks more fears