For much of the media, it’s open season on Jayson Tatum right now since the former Duke star had an awful Game 1 vs. the Miami Heat.
This article, and the linked podcast, go after Tatum for his perceived “collapse” against Miami.
We’ll say it again: great competition brings out the best in great players. That didn't happen for Tatum in Game 1, clearly.
The good news of course is that it was only Game 1 and Tatum can still control his own destiny, not to mention, well, mentions, likes, and ugly articles.
Perhaps we’ll see a more assertive Boston - and Tatum - Friday night.
- “He’s Going to Put His Shoulder Into You”: Jimmy Butler Gets the ‘Soft’ Label Despite Jayson Tatum Being Largely Favored By Officials
- Best Heat-Celtics ECF Game 2 Props: The Jayson Tatum & Jimmy Butler Show Continues
- Tatum collapses as Butler dominates: What’s wrong with the Celtics?
- Even Jayson Tatum Puzzled By Celtics’ Lack Of Home-Court Success
- The Celtics can’t allow these two stats to happen again vs. Heat in Game 2