Remember how we were saying that Jayson Tatum wasn’t playing very well and the stuff about great players being great when it mattered? He hadn’t done that in the series against Philly - until Thursday night.
Tatum started off slow again, hitting just 1-14 to start. But he got hot in the 4th and helped carry the Celtics to a critical Game 6 win that evened the series at 3-3.
Tatum hit four threes late to help salt the game away, but Boston’s defense really carried the day: the Sixers were shut out from the floor for the last 6:10 other than one meaningless basket with :22 left.
Boston still has to play better, but Game 7 in their place? That’s the last thing Philly wanted to see.
- NBA playoffs: Jayson Tatum comes alive as Celtics force Game 7 vs. Sixers
- 3 takeaways as Jayson Tatum got hot late in Game 6 to save Celtics season
- Jayson Tatum Is Earning His Status as One of the Best Players In the World
- Joe Mazzulla Had Simple Message For Celtics Star Jayson Tatum In Game 6 Win
- Instant analysis: Horrible for most of the night, Jayson Tatum comes alive as Celtics avoid elimination by beating 76ers
- Jayson Tatum Makes Strong Declaration Following Clutch Game 6 Finish
- Eddie House has great reaction to Jayson Tatum’s incredible fourth quarter in Game 6
- ‘All it took was one:’ How Jayson Tatum regained his swagger with his timely turnabout at the end of Game 6
- Celtics clip 76ers to force Game 7 thanks to Jayson Tatum’s late heroics