When the New York Giants took Duke’s Daniel Jones with the # 6 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, New York fans booed.
Then-GM Daniel Gettelman said “just wait” because he believed Jones would be something special.
His teammates raved about him in his rookie camp and he has continued to grow into his role as Eli Manning’s replacement.
And on Tuesday, the Giants acknowledged Getteleman’s foresight by signing Jones to a $160 million, four year deal.
That’s a huge rise for a kid who basically had no offers out of high school other than Princeton, if memory serves, and Duke, where David Cutcliffe recognized his potential immediately and asked his coach not to send that video around anymore.
Congrats to Jones and we hope he tips generously.
- Giants strike deal with Daniel Jones, tag Saquon Barkley
- Now, the pressure is on Daniel Jones
- Daniel Jones, Giants reach 4-year, $160M deal, Saquon Barkley gets franchise tagged
- Bears safety Jaquan Brisker: Daniel Jones is ‘trash’
- Giants, QB Daniel Jones agree to four-year, $160 million contract
- What Daniel Jones’ 2023 cap number is with $160 million Giants contract
- Giants Commit to Daniel Jones With a Four-Year Contract
- Cowboys: Micah Parsons’ NSFW reaction to Daniel Jones contract
- Rock: Jones and Barkley deals are only the first step