The NCAA’s women’s tournament also sent out bids Sunday and Duke got a solid #3 seed.
The Blue Devils are in the Seattle 4 Regional and will open at home against #14 Iona. On the other side of that pairing is #6 Colorado and #11 Middle Tennessee State.
South Carolina, Stanford, Indiana and Virginia Tech are #1 seeds. Duke could also see #2 Iowa, #4 Texas and #5 Louisville as well.
Interestingly, UConn’s dominance has been slipping and the Huskies are a #2 seed in the Seattle 3 regional.
- Duke women’s basketball earns No. 3 seed in NCAA tournament’s Seattle 4 Region, right to host opening weekend
- Blue Devils Earn No. 3 Seed, Faces Iona in NCAA First Round Saturday
- Duke women’s basketball a No. 3 seed in March Madness
- NCAA women’s tournament begins this week. Seeds, opponents for Duke, UNC and NC State
- Women’s NCAA tournament 2023: Every team in the bracket