Former Blue Devil Wendell Carter has had to spend too much time in the post in his short NBA career, but that could change soon and he seems pleased about that and Orlando’s future in general.
Many believe that Orlando is leaning towards taking Gonzaga’s Chet Holmgren with the #1 pick.
It would probably mean that Orlando, already having Cаrter, Mo Bаmbа, Bol Bol, Moe Wаgner, Franz Wagner аnd Robin Lopez, would have to shed some bigs, possibly Lopez, who is 34, and Bol Bol, who hasn’t made much of an impact.
But that’s okay.
Orlando has an excellent young core with Carter, the Wagner brothers, Jonathan Isaac, assuming he comes back from his
ACL hamstring injury, Jalen Suggs, RJ Hampton, Cole Anthony, Markelle Fultz, Chuma Okeke and others.
It’s hard to see Carter, who has really come on and who is signed through 2026, going anywhere. He’ll still probably be inside more than he needs to be, even if Holmgren is Orlando’s pick. But Holmgren will play and he’ll get stronger as time goes on. And the two of them defending the lane?
- Orlando’s true strategy for no. 1 pick in the NBA Draft in 2022
- NBA Insider Says Orlando Magic Leaning Towards Drafting Chet Holmgren With No. 1 Pick
- Magic rumors: Orlando’s real plan for no. 1 pick of 2022 NBA Draft
- NBA Draft 2022 Rumors: Magic ‘Leaning Toward’ Chet Holmgren with No. 1 Overall Pick
- 2022 NBA Draft: Paolo Banchero Scouting Report
- 2022 NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Orlando Magic Win The Lottery, What Next?
- Orlando’s big decision: Jabari Smith or Chet Holmgren?
- NBA Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic to shop Mo Bamba this offseason?
- 2022 NBA Mock Draft: First Round Picks & Predictions