When he was at Duke, Tyus Jones earned the nickname Tyus Stones because, well because he had, as Bill Raftery likes to say, onions.
Balls if you prefer.
Whatever you want to call it, the guy is a stone cold assassin on the basketball court and when Ja Morant tossed him the ball with the Timberwolves ready to huff and puff, Jones did what he did so often at Duke: he got all clutch.
He finished with 10 points on 4-9 overall and 2-6 for threes. He also had four assists and a steal.
And now the young Memphis Grizzlies move on to Round Two, where they will face the resurgent Golden State Warriors and their three great stars, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry.
- Grizzlies win Game 6, ending series against Minnesota with another comeback victory
- Grizzlies, Morant finish off tough T-Wolves
- Grizzlies clinch after Wolves collapse again
- Timberwolves collapse again, this time to end their season in Game 6 loss
- Grizzlies rally again past Wolves 114-106 to reach 2nd round
- Ja Morant Finds Tyus Jones For Clutch Shot In Game 6!
- Memphis Grizzlies finish Minnesota Timberwolves in 6 for first series win since ‘15
- Ja Morant feeds Tyus Jones for dagger 3 in Game 6