Former Blue Devil Jeff Capel must have been very happy when he got Dior Johnson to commit to Pitt after decommitting from Syracuse and then, later Oregon.
He was a major recruit and a big deal for Capel’s struggling program.
First the standard disclaimer. Johnson has been charged. He has not been convicted.
But if the allegations are true, there’s no gray area.
We’re not going to recount them - you can check the second link below for the details. Suffice it to say that the allegations go well beyond the typical domestic abuse stories you see. If true and Johnson is convicted of unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, strangulation, aggravated assault and simple assault, he could spend a long time in prison.
- Pittsburgh police: Pitt basketball player charged with assault
- Chilling details emerge on Dior Johnson’s violent assault charges
- Pitt basketball player charged with assault, suspended
- Pitt’s Dior Johnson facing criminal charges, suspended indefinitely
- Dior Johnson, former elite basketball recruit and Pittsburgh guard, charged with assault
- Pittsburgh’s Dior Johnson facing assault charges after allegedly assaulting woman
- Pitt basketball freshman Dior Johnson charged with assault, indefinitely suspended from team
- Pittsburgh Panther’s Dior Johnson suspended after being charged with assault