You’re going to hear the phrase “514 days” a lot on Wednesday. That’s because that’s how long it’s been since former Duke star Zion Williamson played in an NBA game.
Tuesday was only an exhibition, and New Orleans played 17 guys and only one starter got as much as 19 minutes, which was by design.
For his part, Williamson got 15 minutes but it was enough time to demonstrate what he accomplished in the off-season.
He was electrifying. He looked, to us anyway, a lot quicker and like running was just so much easier.
There are a lot of great plays in this clip, and two of them came at the expense of former Florida State star Patrick Williams. One was a stunning run-down block that looked completely effortless and the other was a dunk where Williamson just blew by Williams. Keep in mind that Williams is a gifted athlete and a respected basketball player in the National Basketball Association.
It was like child’s play for Williamson as he announced his return in 15 superb minutes. We can’t wait for more.
- Zion Williamson was all smiles in the Pelicans’ preseason win over the Bulls
- Pelicans star Zion Williamson gets epic shout-out from Ja Morant before return
- NBA Fans React To Zion Williamson’s Dominant Return After 514-Day Absence: “Zion About To Remind The League Who He Is”
- “How Much Weight Did Zion Williamson Lose?”: NBA Twitter Poses Question as Pelicans Star Steals The Show
- Pelicans’ Zion Williamson has NBA Twitter swooning over return