Kyrie Irving has been a unique figure in the NBA since he arrived after a star-crossed freshman season at Duke. He was brilliant with Cleveland and teamed up with LeBron James when he returned from his Miami hiatus to win a championship, then forced a trade to Boston.
That didn’t last long and now he’s with the Nets, where he’s had an interesting tenure. This season, he chose not to vaccinate and had to sit as New York City barred non-vaccinated people in various ways that meant he couldn’t play home games.
More recently, the Nets agreed to let him be a part-time player and he had his season debut Wednesday night against the Indiana Pacers.
After going scoreless in the first quarter, Irving finished with 22 and had a major impact on the game. Kevin Durant, for one, was thrilled to have him back: “It was amazing to have him out there,” Durant told the New York Post. “I just missed his presence around the locker room, his energy, his vibe around the team. And then on top of [that], his game is just so beautiful: He makes the game easier for everybody.”
- Kyrie Irving returns to the court after refusing to be vaccinated.
- Kyrie Irving returns in style, leads Nets to comeback win: ‘Incredible’
- Kyrie Irving’s return offers glimpse into better Brooklyn spacing, opening easy opportunities for everyone
- Brooklyn Nets’ Kyrie Irving shows early rust, finishes with 22 in debut vs. Pacers
- Kyrie Irving return: Nets star shines in season debut as Brooklyn storms back for win over Indiana
- Brooklyn Nets vs Indiana Pacers Jan 5, 2022 Game - Scores, Stats & Highlights
- Kyrie Irving, Nets Finally Give NBA a Glimpse of What They Can Be in 2022
- Kyrie Irving Returns to Court After Refusing To Be Vaccinated
- The Rush: Nets win Kyrie Irving’s season debut but Lance Stephenson steals the show
- Pacers’ Lance Stephenson steals show with historic first-quarter explosion in Kyrie Irving’s season debut
- Kyrie Irving makes efficient return in Nets’ win over Pacers
- Kyrie Irving Scores 22 PTS In Nets Return!
- Kyrie Irving Talks His NBA Return, Postgame Interview