Simeon Wilcher is a target we haven’t talked much about yet. He’s a 6-4 combo or point guard, depending on who you listen to, from Roselle Catholic in Roselle, New Jersey. He’s class of 2023 and a lot of elite schools are after him: Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, UConn, UCLA and, also from the ACC, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and Miami.
He’s already turned down an offer from Overtime Elite to stay in high school and is probably smart to do so.
A lot of people haven’t figured out yet that Overtime (or the G-League) isn’t going to be competitive with what can come in from NIL money.
Syracuse sites seem to be piling the chips on to his recruitment and Syracuse has traditionally recruited well in New York and New Jersey. But there’s not really a clear leader and he has some time to sort through some stuff. Reportedly he is interested in a visit to Chapel Hill. We’ll have to wait a bit to see how this shakes out.
- Simeon Wilcher Has High Interest in Syracuse
- Syracuse Basketball: Blue-blood enters the equation for 5-star target
- Syracuse Basketball: 5-star target excels on court; character is admirable
- N.J. basketball star turns down big money to stay in high school
- Syracuse Basketball: More offers for 5-star target, ‘very high interest’ in SU
- UNC Basketball: Tar Heels offer intriguing 2023 guard