Dereck Lively has picked Duke as the next stop in his basketball career.
Lively, a 7-1 center with high athleticism and the ability to shoot from the three point line in, joins a crazy good class that Jon Scheyer is putting together for his first year at the helm.
He joins 6-10 Kyle Filipowski (a great answer to a future trivia question: who was Scheyer’s first recruit?), 6-6 Dariq Whitehead, and 6-5 Jaden Schutt.
The first two are or will be 5-stars and Schutt, at a minimum, is a four-star.
Scheyer will almost certainly have no worse than the second-best class and may have the best overall, depending on how things break.
It’s a pretty stunning start to his turn as Duke’s head coach. We didn’t think he’d struggle to recruit but we didn’t expect this.
- Five-star center, No. 2 prospect in the nation Dereck Lively II picks Duke over Kentucky, UNC
- Dereck Lively commits to Duke
- 2022 No. 2 overall recruit Dereck Lively commits to Duke men’s basketball
- With Dereck Lively II, Duke basketball stakes claim to nation’s No. 1 recruiting class
- Star recruit Dereck Lively II picks Duke over Kentucky. What’s next for the Wildcats?
- Dereck Lively, No. 2 men’s basketball prospect in 2022 class, commits to Duke Blue Devils
- Post Mike Krzyzewski era, Jon Scheyer bringing in No. 1 recruiting class
- Duke lands top big-man prospect Dereck Lively, proves there still is life in recruiting rivalry with Kentucky
- The Blue Devils’ coup indicates they will continue to be on par with the Wildcats with Jon Scheyer as coach.
- Nation’s top center Dereck Lively II picks Duke basketball over Kentucky, North Carolina
- Dereck Lively II, the No. 2 basketball prospect in the nation, committed to the Blue Devils on Monday night, edging out Kentucky and North Carolina.
- Duke lands third top 10 player with commitment from Dereck Lively
- 2022 Top 3 Recruit Dereck Lively II Commits to Duke