Former Blue Devil Mason Plumlee was traded from Detroit to Charlotte on draft day. For the Pistons, it meant shipping out a player who never quite fit for cap space and some second round picks. For the Hornets, it means two late picks and a big man who is an excellent passer.
And since their best player now is LaMelo Ball, who is a brilliant passer, that’s great for Plumlee because good passing is contagious.
Not that he has any guarantees.
Plumlee still has two years on his contract but Charlotte drafted big men TJ Thor and Kai Jones and still has Nick Richards, Cody Zeller and fellow Brotherhood member Vernon Carey. The Hornets might have some moves to make before they’re done.
- Hornets trade, add JT Thor in NBA draft second round
- Detroit Pistons: Mason Plumlee sent to Charlotte in apparent ...
- Drafting Bouknight, Jones spells a great night for Hornets
- Pistons trade Mason Plumee, 37th pick to Hornets for 57th pick
- Hornets trade up, select Kai Jones with the 19th overall pick
- Hornets send future first to Knicks for No. 19, select Kai Jones
- NBA Draft: The cap and trade implications of the Mason ...
- AP source: Hornets acquire Plumlee, move up in NBA draft
- Pistons trading Mason Plumlee to Hornets