In Tuesday’s Duke Brotherhood Playoff action, Kyrie Irving sat out Brooklyn’s Game 5 with Milwaukee due to an ankle injury, but Kevin Durant took charge and made sure that it didn’t matter in a 114-108 win.
Durant had a spectacular outing, scoring 49 points, grabbing 17 boards and passing out 10 assists for one of the great playoff triple doubles of all time.
The Nets saw James Harden return from a hamstring injury, but he was pretty ineffective, scoring just five points.
With the win, Brooklyn takes a 3-2 lead.
Unfortunately, there are plenty of reports suggesting that Irving will be out for the rest of the series.
However, he has some compensation as he became a father for the second time as he and girlfriend Marlene Wilkerson welcomed a baby boy although we’re not quite sure when.
On Wednesday, Seth Curry and the 76ers and Hawks play again with the series tied 2-2 while Quin Snyder leads the Jazz against Luke Kennard and the LA Clippers.
- Kyrie Irving named to All-NBA Third Team; only Net named
- Kyrie Irving and Marlene Wilkerson welcome their first baby
- Kyrie Irving injury history
- NBA Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Be Out For Entire Series Vs Bucks
- Steve Nash says play that led to Kyrie Irving’s ankle injury ‘awkward’ but not intentional
- Brooklyn Nets Guard Kyrie Irving Named All
- Nets’ James Harden to start Game 5 vs. Bucks; Kyrie Irving out
- Kyrie Irving And Marlene Wilkerson Welcome First Child
- Nets’ Kyrie Irving done for Bucks series due to ankle sprain?
- Nets news: Brooklyn preparing for worst with Kyrie Irving
- Nets’ Kyrie Irving: Could miss rest of series