In Sunday’s Duke Brotherhood playoff action, Austin Rivers and the Denver Nuggets were eliminated by the Phoenix Suns while Kyrie Irving and the Brooklyn Nets, after a hot start in the series with Milwaukee, now have serious cause for concern.
As we said after Game Three, there was no reason to expect a comeback by Denver. Phoenix has won each game with ease and after MVP Nikola Jokic was booted following a flagrant foul, there really was no hope for the Nuggets.
Rivers, who had started in the playoffs, came off the bench in this one to score five points in 21 minutes in the 125-118 loss.
Phoenix now awaits the winner of the Jazz-Clippers series where Quin Snyder’s Jazz are up 2-1.
Brooklyn has been without James Harden for all but one minute of the series with Milwuakee and now they may have to go on without Kyrie Irving as well as the former Duke star went down with an ankle injury in the second quarter and was seen in a walking boot after the 107-96 loss.
Irving scored 11 points in his 17 minutes.
His absence puts a tremendous amount of pressure on Kevin Durant, the last of Brooklyn’s Big Three.
On Monday, Seth Curry and the Philadelphia 76ers visit Atlanta to take on Cam Reddish’s Hawks (Reddish is still out with an injury but may return soon) and Snyder’s Jazz stop off at the Staples Center to try and push out to a 3-1 lead over Luke Kennard and the LA Clippers.
- Alarm bells are blaring for the Nets
- Bucks star plays controversial role in Kyrie Irving’s injury
- Kevin Durant may finally face burden he’s tried so hard to avoid
- Nets handled by Bucks after losing star
- Kyrie Irving’s playoff future in doubt in major Nets blow
- It’s a New Series as the Injury Bug Returns to Bite the Nets
- Overshadowed by Kyrie Irving’s ankle injury, the Bucks’ offense has joined the party.
- Bucks pull even and Kyrie goes down
- Kyrie Irving injury status takes unfortunate turn for Nets
- Inside the NBA Discuss Kyrie’s Injury Impact on the Nets vs Bucks
- Giannis Antetokounmpo plays role in Kyrie Irving injury
- Kyrie Irving injured in Bucks’ Game 4 playoff win over Nets
- Kyrie Irving in walking boot and on crutches
- Kyrie Irving Goes Down and the Nets Are in Trouble
- Glen Davis Has Harsh Reaction to Kyrie Irving’s Injury
- DJ Nikola Jokic Took Over The Music During A Nuggets Workout And Austin Rivers Was Having None The MVP’s Playlist
- “Nikola Jokic’s music gave me a headache”: Austin Rivers
- Nikola Jokic’s ejection seals Denver Nuggets’ fate
- Denver Nuggets: Offseason lessons from the Suns series