In Duke Brotherhood playoff action, Milwaukee beat Brooklyn in a throwback game 83-80 while Quin Snyder’s Jazz took out the LA Clippers 117-111.
Kyrie Irving had 22 for the Nets along with five rebounds, one assist and three steals. Somehow Brooklyn channeled the 1990-era Knicks complete with an in-your-face showdown between Kevin Durant and Raleigh native PJ Tucker. Bonus feature: a Nets security guard ended up shoving Tucker. The series is now 2-1 in favor of the Nets.
In Salt Lake City, Quin Snyder’s Utah Jazz went up 2-0 on Luke Kennard and the LA Clippers. Kennard had three off the bench.
The Jazz have now won 52 games, the most in the league. The only other team to win more than 50 is Phoenix, with 51.
On Friday night, the Suns will meet Denver and Austin Rivers up 2-0 while Seth Curry and the 76ers will see the Hawks, with the possibility that Cam Reddish might be back.
- Nets aren’t going to run away with this series
- This was a stunning throwback game
- Nets found something better than a feel-good story
- Kyrie Irving explains how James Harden is a coach on the floor
- Nets’ Kyrie Irving: Puts up 22 points in Game 3 loss
- Security Involved as PJ Tucker & Kevin Durant Get Heated
- NBA Playoffs: Nets’ Kyrie Irving Speaks After Loss to Bucks
- Ex-Top Pick Kwame Brown Latest Rant Stars Kyrie Irving