Going down 0-2 in the NBA Playoffs is never a good thing but it’s where Austin Rivers and the Denver Nuggets find themselves now after a tremendous game from Chris Paul.
Paul, who played for Wake Forest, scored 17 points on 60 percent from the field, had 15 assists with no turnovers and pulled down five boards to lead Phoenix to a 123-98 win.
Paul is 36 years old. That’s insane.
For his part, Rivers had six points in 25 minutes and shot 2-5 from the field.
On Thursday, the Brooklyn Nets and Kyrie Irving take on the Milwaukee Bucks in Game Three already up 2-0 while Luke Kennard and the LA Clippers take on Quin Snyder’s Utah Jazz in Game 2 of that series down 1-0.
- Austin Rivers with a 2-pointer vs the Phoenix Suns
- Nuggets vs. Suns 3-pointers: Supporting cast fails Nikola Jokic
- Suns news: Devin Booker clowns Austin Rivers with crafty stepback and 1 play
- Denver Nuggets 98-123 Phoenix Suns: Chris Paul destroys Nikola Jokic and co. with historic outing
- WATCH: Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns crush Denver Nuggets for 2-0 lead
- Suns plaster Nuggets, again, to stake 2-0 series lead
- Denver Nuggets 98, Phoenix Suns 123: Three takeaways
- Phoenix Suns embarrass Denver Nuggets in 123-98 Game 2 win
- Suns vs. Nuggets score: Chris Paul helps Phoenix dominate Denver
- Denver Nuggets vs Phoenix Suns - Full Game 2 Highlights
- Recap: Denver Nuggets get blown out by the Phoenix Suns