In Sunday’s Duke Brotherhood Playoff action, the Hawks downed the Knicks 113-96, the Clippers broke the Mavericks 106-81, while the Nets crushed the Celtics 141-126.
Jayson Tatum had 40 points, meaning he’s had 90 in his last two games.
Kyrie Irving, who didn’t play well in Friday’s game, had 39 in this one, including six threes.
With the win, Brooklyn goes up 3-1 and Irving goes 1-0 vs. an idiot Boston fan who tried to hit him with a water bottle (fortunately he missed). He’s since been arrested and banned from Celtics games for life.
New York’s euphoria over having a decent team and a playoff spot has really fizzled as the Knicks have struggled against the Hawks. RJ Barrett has had a tough series but in this one, he scored 21 points and had six rebounds. The Hawks are now up 3-1 and like Brooklyn, almost certain to move on.
Luke Kennard finally got in some playoff action with four minutes off the bench. He didn’t score but had one rebound and one assist, which is one more of either than most of us will ever see.
Next up on Monday, Seth Curry and the 76ers try to close out the Washington Wizards while Grayson Allen, Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow, down 2-1, will try to even the series with Quin Snyder’s Utah Jazz.
- Nets take stranglehold on series with blowout
- Knicks star’s breakout wasn’t nearly enough
- Celtics fan throws water bottle at Kyrie Irving
- Durant (42), Irving (39) quiet Boston crowd, win 141-126
- WATCH: Boston Celtics fan throws water bottle at Kyrie Irving
- Nets news: Kyrie Irving gets water bottle thrown at him
- NBA Playoffs: Celtics’ Fan Throws Water Bottle at Nets’ Kyrie Irving
- Video: Celtics fan throws bottle at Kyrie Irving after Game 4
- NBA Playoffs 2021: Brooklyn Nets def Boston Celtics, score
- Celtics pushed to brink as Nets’ stars dominate in Game 4 win