Duke’s men’s lacrosse season came to a sudden and jarring stop Saturday in the Final Four at the hands of Maryland with the Terps winning 15-4.
The home of collegiate lacrosse is basically between Maryland, Johns Hopkins and Virginia, with Syracuse also a longtime power so it’s no surprise to see that Maryland will play Virginia for the national championship.
The Cavs beat #1 UNC 12-11, so the weekend wasn’t a total loss and it proves the movie Miracle On 54th Street was prophetic: Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. Even in May.
The championship is Monday at 1:00 PM on ESPN2. Let’s go, Cavaliers!
- Maryland men’s lacrosse tops Duke, 14-5, advances to championship game
- Maryland, Virginia Advance to NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Title Game
- Duke vs. Maryland lacrosse: NCAA tournament semifinals
- No. 3 Maryland to face defending champion No. 4 Virginia in lacrosse Final Four
- Maryland men’s lacrosse has perfection within reach after routing Duke in the national semis
- Virginia men’s lacrosse upsets top-seeded North Carolina to return to the NCAA title game
- Foursome of transfers contributing to another title game run for Salisbury men’s lacrosse
- Fans come support NCAA men’s lacrosse championships in their Hartford debut
- Virginia men’s lacrosse team holds off North Carolina to reach national championship game