Former Blue Devil Zion Williamson went off again on Saturday night, ripping the Minnesota Timberwolves for 37 points on 14-17 from the floor. He also hit 9-15 from the line and also had nine rebounds and eight assists.
Bonus: he played 42 minutes in New Orleans’ 140-136 overtime win.
By the way, is it just us or do scores seem to have shot up lately overall?
Anyway, Williamson has really shown the NBA what he’s capable of this season and has accomplished a lot, but it occurs to us that among his accomplishments is one very similar to what Muggsy Bogues accomplished during his career.
Just 5-3, Bogues turned his lack of height into an advantage because you could never be sure of where he was.
In Zion’s case, he’s inverted the meaning of tweener: if you’re too big, he’ll blow by you and if you’re too small he’ll just overpower you. And we’re not sure anyone is strong enough to overpower him.
- Zion Williamson goes for 37 points as Pelicans pull out overtime win over Timberwolves
- Zion needs to get angry to defeat Warriors
- Zion Williamson, Lonzo Ball keep Pelicans’ playoff hopes alive
- Zion Williamson Says Overtime Win Over Wolves ‘Gives Us Great Momentum’
- Zion Williamson leads Pelicans with 37 points in overtime win