Jeff Capel’s Pitt roster has been in real turmoil since the last weeks of the season when Xavier Johnson and Au’Diese Tony both left the team. Now Justin Champagnie has announced he’ll stay in the draft, so things are grim, right?
Well maybe not that grim.
Pitt’s roster is almost settled now - Capel has a roster of 11 including - wait for it - Jon Hugley.
You may remember that the talented young big man was in trouble for some murky business with a supposedly stolen car. The charges were reduced to two misdemeanors that will be dismissed if he keeps his nose clean for a while.
And while there’s no easy way to replace Champagnie, Johnson and Toney were unhappy and that never helps.
It may be that simply having guys who get along is, in the long run, much better for a team than having some lingering personnel issues.
- Pitt reinstates John Hugley following legal issues
- Felony Charges Dropped Against Pitt Forward John Hugley
- Pitt freshman forward John Hugley reinstated to team
- Justin Champagnie is gone, and John Hugley is back. Where ...
- And would freshman John Hugley find his way back on the team after being indefinitely suspended in January? In the span of four days last ...
- Pittsburgh Basketball: Panthers finally get good news with John Hugley return
- Felony Charges Against Pitt Basketball Player John Hugley Dropped
- John Hugley No Longer Facing Felony Charges
- Hindsight is 2020: Looking Back on Pitt’s Tough Year
- After offseason from hell, Capel and men’s basketball begin reloading
- John Hugley suspended by Pitt over felony charges