Sunday was a busy day for Blue Devils in the NBA playoffs, starting with RJ Barrett and the New York Knicks.
Barrett had 14 points and 11 rebounds, which is impressive for a 6-6 wing. But he’s rebounded well all year.
Cam Reddish has been out for some time with an injury and so didn’t suit up for the Hawks.
In Philly, the 76ers opened their series against Washington with a 125-118 win. Seth Curry, who remember wasn’t drafted, has long since become valued for his shooting ability and is starting for the Sixers. He finished with 15 points, four boards and two steals.
And out West, Quin Snyder’s Utah Jazz matched up with the Memphis Grizzlies and Memphis pulled off an upset, winning 112-109. However, star guard Donovan Mitchell didn’t play.
For the Grizzlies, Tyus Jones scored six points and Grayson Allen had five against the team that drafted him out of Duke.
On Monday, Austin Rivers and the Denver Nuggets go into Game 2 against Harry Giles and the Portland Trailblazers. Game’s at 10:00 EST.
- RJ Barrett’s work ethic making him guidepost to Knicks success
- Canada’s RJ Barrett relishing first playoff run with resurgent Knicks
- RJ Barrett Posterized Bogdan Bogdanovic And Sent MSG Into A Frenzy
- Mike Woodson talks Knicks’ chemistry, RJ Barrett’s evolution, and impact of new front office members
- NY Knicks: How RJ Barrett can lead NY to Postseason victories
- Former Knicks’ head coach Mike Woodson raves about team’s progression, RJ Barrett
- Julius Randle and RJ Barrett are Bringing Toughness Back to MSG
- Backup nearly saved Knicks from painful loss
- This was an unforgettable night at MSG
- Knicks were dealt a harsh Julius Randle reality
- Celtics big now poses unexpected Nets test
- Knicks drop Game 1 in last-second heartbreaker
- Stephen Curry gave brother Seth Curry a shoutout for big 3rd quarter
- Sixers news: Seth Curry leaves Wizards game with apparent injury
- 76ers’ Seth Curry: Starts second half
- 76ers’ Seth Curry: Expected to return Sunday
- Sixers news: Stephen Curry reacts to Seth Curry flurry after injury in Game 1 vs. Wizards
- Sixers notes: Seth Curry still shaking off the aftereffects of COVID
- Seth Curry is starting to hit his stride, and his shots, for the Sixers
- Sports Grizzlies Hold Off Jazz To Take Game 1 Of NBA Playoffs
- Utah Jazz lose first game of playoff series vs. Memphis
- Utah Jazz can’t hit shots or get stops, drop Game 1 against Memphis
- Summary and highlights of Grizzlies 112-109 Win Over Jazz
- Grizzlies defeat Jazz 112 to 109 to take Game 1