In 2015, Grayson Allen came off the bench for Duke against Wisconsin to spectacular effect and great acclaim.
Since then his life has been really up and down. He developed a reputation for dirty play after some tripping incidents which was compounded by being the Duke player everyone loved to hate anyway.
It followed him into the NBA and many people disliked him.
They’ll like him even less after what he did Friday night.
In overtime, Allen hit two clutch threes to help Memphis take out Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors.
And it wasn’t just that he did it. It was the way that he did it, with total confidence, almost disdain. He knew those shots were going in.
Curry himself must have watched him and understood. The guy wasn't going to miss.
Allen finished with 12 points, four rebounds and four steals - pretty solid night.
Fellow Brotherhood member Tyus Jones had two points in seven minutes while Justise Winslow, still recovering from injury, did not play.
- Watch Ja Morant’s clutch floater to finish off Warriors in OTJa Morant gets final say as Grizzlies advance to playoffs
- Ja Morant carries Memphis Grizzlies to playoffs
- Ja Morant and Grizzlies defeat Warriors in overtime, will face Jazz next
- Grizzlies beat Warriors in instant classic to reach playoffs
- Ja Morant’s clutch floater lifts Memphis Grizzlies over Warriors
- Golden State Warriors fall to Memphis Grizzlies 117-112
- Jazz to face Memphis Grizzlies in first round
- Warriors’ season comes to an end with 117-112 overtime loss