As expected, Patrick Baldwin has committed to Milwaukee.
Baldwin’s choices came down to Duke, Milwaukee and Georgetown.
He’s a highly skilled, 6-8 forward who is also capable of rigorous academics but he’s also an NBA-level talent so realistically, this year is about him getting ready for the NBA, presumably next year.
We’ll be interested in seeing what Milwaukee does next year. The odds of them winning the NCAA tournament are pretty small but they might make a run.
We’re sure he’ll do well there and also get to see his family on a daily basis. It might be too much from time to time with his dad as the coach, but that’s part of the deal.
As for Duke, the Blue Devils will be fine. We’ve been watching AJ Griffin video lately and figuring out who you would ask to sit? Because that guy is a superb athlete and one of the two would likely come off the bench.
With a front line of Mark Williams, Paolo Banchero and Griffiin, Duke is in position to contend for a national championship. Baldwin won’t be a part of that, but for some kids, being around family is more important. We can’t blame him for his decision and all Duke fans should wish him the best. He’s what everyone wants in a player.
- 4th ranked prospect Patrick Baldwin Jr. is staying home
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. announces commitment to UWM basketball
- Five-star recruit Patrick Baldwin to play for father at Milwaukee
- Elite Prep Wing Patrick Baldwin Jr. Commits to UW-Milwaukee
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. chooses UWM to play college basketball
- Basketball recruit Patrick Baldwin Jr. picks Milwaukee over Duke