Duke wasn’t expected to have a banner year in the NFL draft, but four guys were taken Saturday.
- Defensive end Chris Rumph went in the fourth round to the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Safety Michael Carter went to the New York Jets in the fifth round.
- Tight end Noah Gray went to the Kansas City Chiefs in the fifth round as well.
- Defense end Victor Dimukeje went to the Arizona Cardinals in the 6th round.
All of them are surely thrilled to be continuing their dream of playing pro football, or at least having the chance to so but it’s possible that Gray is happier than anyone else: he could be catching passes from the sensational Patrick Mahomes and we’d have to think that would make anyone who plays his position thrilled.
Devery Hamilton, Deon Jackson and Mark Gilbert have signed free agent contracts as well.
- Hamilton Agrees to Terms with Las Vegas Raiders
- Jackson Joins Indianapolis Colts as Undrafted Free Agent
- Gilbert Joins Pittsburgh Steelers as Undrafted Free Agent
- AP Photo/Matt York Reaction To Cardinals 2021 Draft Class
- NFL Draft: Chiefs add DE, 3 offensive players on final day of 2021 NFL Draft
- Gray and Dimukeje picked in fifth and sixth rounds of the 2021 NFL Draft
- Five Things to Know About New Chiefs’ TE Noah Gray