Duke fans got to see something that, if not unprecedented, was certainly unusual: three former Blue Devils started for the same team in the NBA All-Star Game.
Kyrie Irving, Jayson Tatum and Zion Williamson all started for Team Durant.
Tatum finished with 21, while Irving had 24 and Williamson, who appeared a bit nervous early, had 10 but also missed some dunks.
Toss in a spectacular dunk from Cassius Stanley in the halftime dunk contest and it was a pretty good night for Duke fans.
As usual, there was no defense - the teams combined for 320 points with Team LeBron winning 170-150.
Giannis Antetokounmpo was the MVP with 35 points on 16-16 from the floor. Stephen Curry shot 8-16 from three point range and finished with 28.
- 2021 NBA All-Star Game: Zion Williamson finishes multiple alley-oops during first All-Star appearance
- Zion Williamson skies for 10 points in his NBA All-Star debut
- VIDEO: Jayson Tatum connects with Zion Williamson for epic alley-oop
- Jayson Tatum shares touching on-court moment with son before All-Star game
- Watch Jayson Tatum defend Celtics teammate Jaylen Brown in NBA All-Star Game
- Nets’ Kyrie Irving in hot water with NBA prior to All-Star Game
- Adam Silver’s Blunt Response To Kyrie Irving’s NBA Logo Demand - Game 7
- NBA players on why Kyrie Irving’s finishes are so hard to stop
- Nets’ Kyrie Irving, James Harden show out at NBA All-Star game