This week, ESPN sued the University of Arizona for not releasing the charges the NCAA had filed against the basketball program and a Maricopa County Superior Court judge agreed, ordering the school to release the NCAA’s allegations “promptly,” which they did Friday.
It’s a pretty damning indictment with allegations of falsifying academic transcripts, taking bribes, loaning players money and a lack of oversight by head coach Sean Miller.
Unfortunately for Arizona, assistant Book Richardson was caught discussing much of it on federal wiretaps so it’s going to be hard to get past that.
Meanwhile, at Indiana, little brother Archie, a former NC State guard, is also facing some job insecurity, although on the bright side, he’s not in trouble with the cartel.
Miller was in high demand after a tremendous turn at Dayton. Indiana hired him and there was great optimism about his prospects.
Things have been average at best.
He was 16-15 in his first season, then 19-16, then 20-12 last season and 12-13 this year.
More importantly is how his teams have played. The ferocity he got out of his Dayton squads just hasn’t been there. This season, the Hoosiers have lost four straight and close out the regular season Saturday at Purdue and to make matters worse, it looks like two starters will be out.
In his favor, Miller has a $10 million dollar buyout so it won’t be cheap to get him out. Would IU try?
Sounds unlikely - but you never know. It’s entirely possible that both Millers could be out of work shortly.
- Miller Time: What’s next at Indiana, Arizona and other hoops hot seats
- Jeff Goodman on Arizona basketball’s dilemma with Sean Miller: ‘Do something now’
- Newly released NCAA allegations: Bribes, fake transcripts under UA head basketball coach Sean Miller
- Arizona Receives Five Level 1 Violation Charges From NCAA
- Arizona’s decision on Sean Miller should be straightforward
- Sean Miller hopes he can return Cats to ‘top of the mountain,’ but questions about his contract persist
- Sean Miller sees bright future for Arizona basketball, hopes for opportunity to lead it ‘back to the top’
- With only one year left on contract, Sean Miller says he’s ‘looking forward’ to talking with UA administrators
- Sean Miller contract status looms over Arizona Wildcats basketball program
- IU basketball may be missing two starters against Purdue
- IU basketball coach Archie Miller is on the hot seat, but school may be stuck
- Report: Here’s How Hot Archie Miller’s Seat Is At Indiana
- Insider explains where Indiana’s Archie Miller is on hot seat
- Nearing Conference Tourney Week, Big Ten Has Kick-Started The Madness Of March
- Archie Miller is in the hot seat after IU men’s basketball falls in must-win game to Michigan State