Player movement continues in the ACC where Syracuse’s Kadary Richmond has entered the transfer portal and Virginia has seen two more players step in as well: Jabri Abdur-Rahim and Cary native Justin McKoy.
This is particularly devastating for Virginia, which has now lost three players early. Why?
Because like Notre Dame, Virginia has succeeded largely because it retains players and sees them emerge as they mature.
In fact, we’d go so far as to say this. When it became clear that talented players would not be staying in college for more than one year, we said that gave schools like Virginia and Notre Dame such a break that it created parity.
That era is over. Now the pendulum swings again and guys like Eric Musselman, who have shown a knack for forming teams quickly through transfers, and schools that annually recruit at an elite level, now are at an advantage.
- Third SU Basketball Player Joins NCAA Transfer Portal
- Syracuse freshman guard Kadary Richmond enters transfer portal
- Kadary Richmond becomes 3rd Syracuse player to enter transfer portal
- Kadary Richmond and Tamar Bates draw interest from UK
- Syracuse men’s basketball: Kadary Richmond enters transfer portal
- Roster transition continues at U.Va
- UVA forward Justin McKoy enters the NCAA Transfer Portal
- UVA’s Justin McKoy enters transfer portal
- Virginia freshman guard Jabri Abdur-Rahim enters transfer portal
- UVA freshman guard Jabri Abdur-Rahim enters transfer portal
- Jabri Abdur-Rahim enters transfer portal