As promised, there has been a lot of player movement around the ACC. Duke saw Jaemyn Brakefield depart Wednesday. Clemson has seen two players entering the transfer portal. Wake Forest’s Ian DuBose opted to depart for professional ball rather than take his bonus year. Pitt has seen several players leave already and now Abdoul Karim Coulibaly is gone too.
But the most interesting situation, at least so far, is at UNC.
This year the Tar Heels had an overwhelming advantage inside with Garrison Brooks, Armando Bacot, Day’Ron Sharpe and Walker Kessler.
Now, there’s at least a chance that none of them might be back next year.
Kessler has already announced his decision to transfer. Sharpe announced for the NBA with some curious comments from Ol’ Roy Williams, who said “I think over the next few years if he gets even a little more disciplined, a little more focused, we are going to see an unbelievable player at the professional level, just like I think he had a chance to be an unbelievable player here for us. I loved coaching him and will cheer for him forever.”
Is that a nice thing to say?
Brooks has said he’s what his plans are - he might still take his bonus year - and Bacot, as far as we know, hasn’t said anything at all, but like Sharpe would also be drafted.
It’s hard to imagine that could really happen but it’s a possibility. And if all four opt to leave would Kessler consider returning?
- Duke men’s basketball’s Jaemyn Brakefield to enter transfer portal
- Duke men’s basketball 2020-21 player review: Jaemyn Brakefield
- Duke basketball loses a freshman forward to the transfer portal
- Jaemyn Brakefield leaves Duke and enters transfer portal
- Duke freshman F Jaemyn Brakefield enters transfer portal
- UNC freshman Day’Ron Sharpe declares for NBA draft
- The college basketball transfer apocalypse is upon us, and it’s not the end of the world
- Greensboro Day alum John Newman leaves Clemson looking for ‘something different’
- UNC’s Walker Kessler enters transfer portal after flashing ‘the highest upside’
- Abdoul Karim Coulibaly the latest Pitt player to enter transfer portal
- Clemson forward enters transfer portal
- Clemson Basketball Loses Two Contributors to Transfer Portal
- Clemson basketball loses Olivier-Maxence Prosper to transfer portal; second player this week
- Clemson basketball has lost a pair of former four-star recruits and expected building blocks to transfer portal.
- Wake Forest Basketball - Ian DuBose set to turn professional
- Georgia Tech to be ‘selective’ in recruiting from transfer portal