You can’t say they didn’t fight because Duke really fought hard before losing to Georgia Tech Tuesday night.
The Blue Devils were down 64-56 with 4:47 left. Matthew Hurt had fouled out and the backcourt had barely scratched.
Yet Duke punched its way back.
Still down six with 2:21 left, Joey Baker hit a three to cut the lead to 64-61. Then he was fouled on another three point attempt and hit all three to tie the game with 1:43 left.
Duke had chances to win the game and got a decent shot at the end of regulation for Jaemyn Brakefield but he missed and in overtime, Duke couldn’t quite catch up.
But they kept fighting.
Tech built a six point lead and it seemed the game was slipping away again. The Blue Devils did the one thing Coach K probably wanted more than anything else though: they fought and never quit fighting.
Jim is away this week on family business so Scott will fill in to cover tonight’s game. He’ll be along presently.
- Duke men’s basketball falls to Georgia Tech in 2nd consecutive overtime loss
- Duke loses to Georgia Tech in overtime as NCAA hopes dim further
- Duke’s Coach K after OT loss to Georgia Tech: ‘a year of almost’
- Duke’s NCAA hopes fading after overtime loss to Georgia Tech
- Five observations from Duke men’s basketball’s first half against Georgia Tech
- College basketball: Georgia Tech 81, Duke 77 OT
- Georgia Tech Beats Duke in OT for 5th-Straight Win
- Duke falls to Georgia Tech in overtime in key ACC contest
Player Of The Game vs. Georgia Tech
This poll is closed