Duke target Trevor Keels has set April 4th as his announcement day. A highly regarded 6-5 shooting guard, Keels is down to Duke, Villanova, Virginia and Kentucky.
He was of course a high school teammate of Jeremy Roach at Paul VI Catholic in Chantilly.
Paul VI uses Panthers for the nickname and mascot but we hope someone at least considered calling them the Lace and making the Big Bopper the mascot. It’s not very Catholic obviously but it’d be funny.
There have been a lot of rumors and suggestions that Keels will choose Villanova but we’ve learned to wait until the player announces to buy in to speculation.
- Trevor Keels sets decision date; Kentucky Wildcats, Duke Basketball among finalists
- A major shift away from Duke (and Kentucky) in five-star shooting guard’s recruitment
- Trevor Keels named 2020-21 MaxPreps Virginia High School Basketball Player of the Year
- National analyst has prediction on Kentucky basketball recruiting target Trevor Keels
- Kentucky basketball: Recruiting analysts share insight on Trevor Keels
- Next Cats player page: Kentucky recruiting target Trevor Keels
- Kentucky ‘very much’ in play for top available shooting guard recruit for next season
- Where undecided McDonald’s All-Americans will end up (and other UK recruiting notes)