RJ Barrett had a tremendous night for the New York Knicks Saturday, finishing with 32 points, five rebounds, three assists, three steals and just one turnover as New York beat Oklahoma City 119-97 - despite missing two point guards.
He and Julius Randle are fast becoming an exceptional duo for the Knicks and more importantly, they seem to like and respect each other.
Rookie point guard Immanuel Quickley is coming on fast and is looking more and more like one of those guys who a lot of teams are going to be sorry they passed on.
New York also has, at least today, the 18th pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. If they can turn it into another smart pick, as they did with Quickley, the Knicks will have as great young core to build on.
- Julius Randle and RJ Barrett wouldn’t let Knicks lose this one
- RJ Barrett’s career game propels Knicks back over .500
- Knicks takeaways from Saturday’s 119-97 win over Thunder, including RJ Barrett’s first career 30-point game
- Julius Randle, RJ Barrett power Knicks past Thunder
- Knicks’ Tom Thibodeau on RJ Barrett’s hot streak: ‘His confidence has come from his preparation’
- Recap: Career Games From RJ Barrett, Julius Randle Spearhead Knicks Over Thunder
- Julius Randle, RJ Barrett both make Knicks history with epic stat lines
- RJ Barrett has eyes on Olympic games with Team Canada
- RJ Barrett After Career-High 32 Points: ‘Just Trying To Be More Consistent’