Three games Wednesday, two cancellations and one improvised: NC State is at Pitt, Syracuse visits Louisville and UNC has a quickie with Northeastern, arranged via Twitter.
State and Pitt are both sliding but Pitt still has its best player while State doesn’t. The Pack is 2-8 in its last 10 games which doesn’t augur well for this one. Pitt meanwhile is 1-5 in its last six. We’ll have to go with the healthier home team here. Plus State will be missing Thomas Allen with an injury.
Syracuse and Louisville is really intriguing. Louisville is favored but Syracuse has been playing well although against mediocre competition. Two interesting defenses too. We’ll go with the three point shooters and take Syracuse to shoot over Louisville rather than vice-versa. Plus the Cards are coming off a long pause, so there’s that.
And UNC should surely beat Northeastern although this season, as we’ve seen many times, has no guarantees.
Scott Spinelli is the interim coach at BC, stepping in for the terminated Jim Christian, but he’ll have to wait for his debut as the BC-Georgia Tech game is postponed. Unless BC gets more players back, there’s no way they win this if it were going to be played and in fact may not win again this year, assuming they actually do play again. We’re not positive but we think the worst ACC record of all time is about seven wins although BC won’t match the losses due to the pandemic.
Clemson should be playing at Notre Dame as well and that would be a fun one since both teams were playing well. But that’s off.
Just another evening of pandemic hoops.
Wednesday’s ACC Action
- NC State at Pitt || 4:30 || ACCN
- Syracuse at Louisville || 6:30 || ACCN
- Northeastern at UNC || 7:30 || ACCNX ||
- Duke at Wake Forest || 8:30 || ACCNX
Boston College at Georgia Tech Clemson at Notre Dame
- NC State guard Thomas Allen out vs. Pitt with left leg injury
- Syracuse vs. Louisville preview: Five things to watch
- Just how imbalanced are the ACC men’s basketball schedules? ...
- Column: FSU is good enough to win another ACC championship
- UNC Basketball vs. Northeastern: How To Watch, Cord-Cutting Options and Tip-Off Time
- Is this FSU men’s basketball team even better than last year?
- Basketball Coach Candidate: Mark Schmidt
- Cards host Syracuse Wednesday after long pause due to COVID-19