Quite a day in the ACC: first, Boston College fired Jim Christian, then Duke’s Jalen Johnson called it a career after 13 games and Florida State manhandled Virginia.
And after all of that, BC suspended Wynston Tabbs for violating Covid protocols.
Florida State just beat Virginia senseless. It’s pretty rare for Virginia to lose control of a game but they really did. FSU had 45 points in the first half - this against a team that prides itself on holding teams to under 50.
Florida State basically shredded Virginia’s vaunted defense. The ‘Noles had just five turnovers, hit 54.2 percent from behind the line and 50 percent overall.
They also held Sam Hauser to 11 points and four boards and Jay Huff to four points and two boards.
Florida State also had 13 steals, which is highly uncharacteristic for Virginia. Bennett’s system relies on precision and ball security and he didn’t get it Monday night.
Afterwards, Bennett said this: “You can’t maybe win a game in the first five, eight minutes, but you can put yourself in a spot where you can make it dang near impossible to come back. To put ourselves in that kind of hole was frustrating.”
We thought Virginia had really gotten on track but maybe not.
Unfortunately for Duke, the Blue Devils get them next and they're probably going to be a bit surly.
On the other hand, Duke will have its first game since Jalen Johnson left the team and they may have a few things to get off their chest too.
After everything that happened with BC today, Wynston Tabbs, who has had a tough time at BC due to injuries, is now suspended for violating BC’s Covid-19 protocols. They’re obviously being a littler sterner than UNC was.
Speaking of the Tar Heels, the program went on social media looking for a quickie game to fill in for Tuesday’s postponed game with Virginia Tech. They got a like from Northeastern who will fly in on Wednesday.
Out of the Colonial, Northeastern is 9-7 and in second place in the CAA.
With that game canceled, there are no games Tuesday.
- Rapid reaction: Three takeaways from Virginia’s 81-60 loss to Florida State
- Virginia blown out by Florida State in matchup of ACC’s top two teams
- UNC basketball dips out of conference for replacement game
- Virginia Tech basketball game vs. Florida State in jeopardy amid Hokies’ virus-related issues
- Hokies deal with limited availability for practices during quarantine as chances to make up games dwindles
- No. 16 Florida St routs No. 7 Virginia 81-60 in ACC showdown
- COLLEGE BASKETBALL: No. 16 Florida State routs No. 7 Virginia in ACC showdown
- Panthers Travel To Boston College On Tuesday Night
- North Carolina adds game to scrambled schedule
- Florida State pummels Virginia in battle of ACC’s top basketball teams
- Florida State basketball blows out Virginia Cavaliers in Tallahassee
- Postgame: #16 Florida State dominates #7 UVA on ACC Big Monday