Former Blue Devil Tre Jones hasn't played a ton for the San Antonio Spurs, but the team is pretty great at developing young players and we suspect they have a solid plan in mind for Jones.
They’ve recently sent Jones down to the G-League for some seasoning and he’s been looking great.
Against the unfortunately named Memphis Hustle, Jones had 18 points and 16 assists.
He hasn’t really had a good chance to get on the court since last spring and for a rookie trying to make his way, the pandemic certainly hasn’t helped. Jones had this to say about putting in G-League time:
“Something I’ve learned is to just be myself while I’m down here. I was working on a lot of things while I was with the team back in San Antonio. So just trying to continue to work on those things while I’m down here. Work on my game and just get comfortable playing again...It’s been almost a year since I’ve really played in games and gotten into a rhythm like that, dating back to the start of March when the season ended in college.”
If he keeps this up, he won't be down there for long.
- Spurs’ Tre Jones: Huge effort in G League win
- Tre Jones dishes out 16 assists in G League debut with Austin Spurs
- Spurs rookie Tre Jones’ all-around game is on full display
- The Spurs have assigned Tre Jones to the G-League
- Rookie Tre Jones embracing the Austin Spurs opportunity
- Tre Jones is learning how to approach NBA games from team vets
- Duke basketball brothers finally take the court against each other
- WATCH: Spurs’ Tre Jones on Austin Spurs, development goals, Luka Samanic and more