In Tuesday night’s ACC Action, Syracuse came south and knocked off NC State in Raleigh, 77-68 behind strong games from Alan Griffin, Buddy Boeheim and Quincy Guerrier.
This was a one-point game at the hall but Syracuse left State in the dust in the second as the Pack seemed to fade sharply.
After shooting 52.4 percent in the first, State managed just 37.5 in the second. The Wuffies also had 20 turnovers in this one, which perhaps shows up in the shot totals: Syracuse had 60 attempts to State’s 45. Nearly half of State’s made shots were threes too (eight).
It’s just one more example of an erratic season. There’s far too many disruptions for most teams to build any momentum.
Of course some of it is self-inflicted, like it is at UNC where several managers and players partied in violation of ACC protocols.
The Daily Tar Heel published the video and the league decided that the Miami-UNC game Tuesday night must be postponed, leading to another interesting question: should UNC pay for Miami’s travel expenses?
The players involved apologized and Ol’ Roy Williams accepted it, saying they had learned an important lesson.
We’ve been making fun of Kentucky fans during this bizarre season for how they’ve dealt with a disastrous season but UNC fans, or one anyway presumably, threatened Armando Bacot’s life on Twitter, which understandably didn’t amuse his mother, who posted this on Twitter:
“It brings me great concern that there have been threats toward my son, Armando Bacot’s life, by individuals; one, who don’t know him nor our family personally and two, did not know the whole story and truth.”
“We are all dealing in a time that is extremely unfamiliar, making adjustments can be hard and not doing the things we love can make us sad. I understand. At no time is it OK to threaten someone, it’s unnecessary and downright evil. Let’s not forget to love ourselves so that we can pass on love to others. God loves us all, Prayers to All.”
Duke fans, please learn this lesson the easy way: yes, our team is struggling and no, savaging people online does not help.
Three games on Wednesday, assuming nothing else bizarre happens and everyone stays healthy: Virginia visits Georgia Tech, Wake goes to BC and Pitt - oh, wait, our bad - is postponed.
Wednesday’s ACC Action:
- Virginia at Georgia Tech || 7:00 || ACCNX
- Wake Forest at Boston College || 7:00 || ACCN
Pitt at Louisville
- Why did the Wolfpack lose to Syracuse? Turnovers, indecision, rebounding.
- Does UNC owe Miami money for travel expenses after basketball game was postponed?
- Syracuse pulls away in second half for win over NC State basketball
- Video shows Armando Bacot, Day’Ron Sharpe partying maskless after UNC win against Duke
- ‘That’s all we care about’: UNC’s 91-87 win over middling Duke still matters over all else
- Syracuse basketball gets important road win over NC State, 77-68
- Syracuse posts its best 3-point shooting performance since December in its win over NC State