In some ACC news, Louisville’s Gabe Wiznitzer has a broken wrist which will keep him out for about a month. He’s expected to be a reserve but it’s impossible to know from a distance.
This story is behind a paywall but it’s interesting to say the least: Syracuse assistant Allan Griffin says sophomore Frank Anselem has made “the biggest improvement of any player I have ever coached.” That’s pretty intriguing.
Seth Greenberg says Virginia Tech is going to be good because the Hokies have experience: “Those [old] teams are fun to coach,” Greenberg told the Roanoke Times. “There’s no surprises for those teams. They understand there’s going to be some adversity. … They understand how to prepare for a game. … They have a clear understanding of their identity, of who they are individually and collectively and how they win... Mike does a great job of getting those guys to play to their strengths, … doing what they do well. That’s the most important thing — don’t show people what you can’t do, show people what you can do.”
Mike Young of course is steering the ship now and here’s an excerpt from a big piece about him in Roanoke Magazine.
- Virginia Tech notes: Seth Greenberg high on Hokies
- UM men’s basketball coach Larranaga on upcoming season
- Louisville basketball’s Gabe Wiznitzer out for 4 weeks with broken wrist
- UNC Basketball: Five Questions for the Season
- Florida State Basketball: 2021-22 Seminoles season preview
- Inside the Loud House
- Syracuse Basketball: Buddy Boeheim has big-time goal for Orange in ACC