It’s getting close to time for ACC Roundup so let’s get started with a small one.
Here’s a preview for Clemson basketball. Spoiler: it’s respectful but not optimistic.
He won’t be there to help this year but the Tigers got a nice recruit this weekend when Texan Chauncey Gibson committed.
He joins Chauncey Wiggins to give the Tigers perhaps the most Chaunceys any ACC team has ever had.
The Wolfpacker has a look at what people are saying about State’s prospects. Basically they’re expecting mediocrity. We hope not. We’d like to see State be a good team every year.
Florida State had a big recruiting miss when major target Julian Phillips picked LSU. He sounds like he would have fit that system beautifully but he picked L$U instead.
We’ve been reading Inside The Loud House lately and have been struck by how low the recruiting expectations are over there.
Well not this time: the site is very optimistic about Chris Bunch.
Notre Dame had hoped to play in the Maui Invitational and they will - just not in Maui. The tournament will move to Las Vegas this year, obviously due to Covid. Dick Vitale says the Irish could have a big year.
Last year was a dreadful season for Miami and not just because of Covid. Injuries just crippled that team. But Jim Larranaga is very optimistic and thinks he has a deep team.
Duke is going to require masks (and proof of vaccination) but not everyone will. Louisville is going to recommend, not require masks. Also, your paper money’s no good there: they’re going cashless.
Speaking of Louisville, aka Scandal U, this isn’t on the university but former Cardinal star Terrence Williams stands accused of a big scheme to defraud an NBA health plan of millions.
Seventeen other former players are also accused.
On the positive side, JUCO transfer Sidney Curry has lost 22 lbs so he’s going to feel like a new man.
- Syracuse Basketball: Here’s the path to score 20-plus wins this season
- Syracuse Basketball: Buddy Boeheim more pre-season All-American status
- Collegiate hoops insider Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports recently named Syracuse basketball forward Benny Williams as.
- Syracuse basketball showing interest in elite sophomore point guard
- Notre Dame Basketball: Projected starting lineup and depth chart for 2021-22 season
- Down 22 pounds, Sydney Curry brings size of a ‘defensive lineman’ to Louisville basketball
- Guard Mason Faulkner Talks Transition to Louisville