Another day, another series of ACC cancellations: Clemson-UNC, Florida State-Pitt and Georgia Tech-Louisville have all been postponed. Clemson has also postponed Tuesday’s game with Syracuse. UNC will play the Orange instead. Georgia Tech’s game against Pitt will be moved from Tuesday to Wednesday.
Still on, at least as of Friday night: Wake Forest at Duke, Miami at NC State, Virginia at Boston College and Georgetown at Syracuse.
Duke is covered separately here of course so let’s move on to the other ones.
NC State has shown a lot of potential and Miami has been right there despite having a ton of injuries. The ‘Canes just barely lost to hot Clemson and UNC in the last two games and Virginia Tech was just a two-point loss. We haven’t heard if Chris Lykes is back or not but you have to consider this team very dangerous and probably getting pretty mad about now too.
Normally we’d say BC is 2-8 and playing Virginia? Forget it.
But the ‘Hoos seem unusually vulnerable this season and Tony Bennett’s defense has been shockingly bad.
Unfortunately, BC has really struggled with turnovers. They had 21 against Duke and lost by just one. It’s been a problem all year. Virginia may still have some Covid issues of their own and Kody Statmann is being tested for a cardiac issue. So it’s hard to have a grip on this one.
Syracuse and Georgetown had a powerful rivalry in the Big East and neither side wanted to give it up so they still play most years.
Only one game is scheduled for Sunday and that will be between Notre Dame and Virginia Tech - theoretically. We’ll have to wait and see if it gets played.
Saturday’s ACC Action
- Wake Forest at Duke || 12:00 || ACCN
- Miami at NC State || 12:00 || ACCN
- Virginia at Boston College || 2:00 || ACCN
- Georgetown at Syracuse || 7:00 || ESPN
Clemson at UNC Florida State at Pitt Georgia Tech at Louisville
- Virginia heads north for matchup with inconsistent Boston College
- UNC’s basketball game against Clemson postponed, game against Syracuse rescheduled
- Clemson men’s basketball on pause after positive COVID-19 test
- UNC hit by more basketball rescheduling with Clemson
- College basketball: SU now plays UNC on Tuesday, not Clemson
- UNC Basketball: Tar Heels game vs Clemson postponed
- Clemson’s men’s basketball season paused due to COVID-19
- Clemson basketball team goes on pause
- Clemson postpones games against UNC, Syracuse due
- to Covid 19 concerns
- Clemson’s confidence starts with big dreams
- No. 19 Clemson postpones two games due to COVID-19
- No. 19 Clemson will have to wait to try to make more history at North Carolina
- Boeheim holds back on ‘sad day for our country,’ noting fans canceled tickets over previous comments