In Saturday’s ACC Action, Virginia Tech goes up to Syracuse, NC State cruises over to Chapel Hill, Clemson journeys down to Florida State, Pitt visits Wake Forest and Georgia Tech heads up to Charlottesville to meet a rejuvenated Virginia.
As much as anyone except for Wake Forest, Georgia Tech has exceeded expectations. Can they survive Virginia’s tender embrace? It’s a hard game to call but we’d have to stick with Virginia.
State beat UNC earlier in Raleigh but things have changed. State has been very up and down lately, mostly down and largely due to Covid, while UNC has been at least marginally better and appears to be sorting out roles. State’s recent play suggests that the Pack is going down.
We’d expect Clemson to be aggressive at Florida State but there’s an excellent chance the Tigers get blown out a third straight time. As Barry pointed out recently, betting on Clemson in January (or February or March) is a risky proposition.
Can Wake Forest take Pitt? Yep. Not that it’ll be easy but the Deacs have been improving rapidly. We’ll go for an upset here. Wake’s due.
Speaking of Wake, weird note here: the wife of a Wake Forest basketball staffer has been busted for embezzling from Make-a-Wish Iowa. Her husband, Matt Woodley, was working at Drake in Des Moines.
She has been arrested and not convicted to be sure but she’s accused of giving herself a $10,000 dollar bonus and putting more than $20,000 on the foundation’s credit card. And this makes it look even worse: their child was a beneficiary of the foundation, getting a wish to go to Disney World (two of her children have had to undergo brain surgery).
Saturday’s ACC Action
- Virginia Tech at Syracuse || 12:00 || ACCNX
- NC State at UNC || 2:00 || ESPN
- Clemson at Florida State || 3:00 || ABC
- Duke at Louisville || 4:00 || ESPN
- Pitt at Wake Forest || 6:00 || ACCN
- Georgia Tech at Virginia || 8:00 || ACCN
Pitt at Boston College
- ACC Announces Schedule Change for Men’s Basketball
- ACC Midseason Check-in: Virginia Rising to the Top Amid the Conference’s Unusual Year
- Men’s Basketball Schedule Changes
- ACC basketball power rankings 1/19
- NC State at Virginia Men’s Basketball Game Postponed
- Jay Bilas names ACC’s top two basketball teams
- Syracuse Orange only program in ACC with no fans or cutouts
- Wake Forest Basketball: Key Matchup vs. Pittsburgh Panthers
- Tigers take aim at regular-season sweep of Seminoles
- Pregame Notes: Florida State hosts Clemson on Saturday
- Podcast: FSU vs Clemson preview, and recapping the UL game
- Florida State football, recruiting news: FSU setting building blocks for 2021
- Seth Greenberg: All Florida State does is win games
- RaiQuan Gray’s emergence, Balsa Koprivica’s defense and other FSU basketball observations
- Watch: Breaking down Florida State basketball’s offensive resurgence
- UNC Basketball: What month is it again?
- ND MEN’S BASKETBALL: Irish with opportunity to build off BC win
- VIDEO: Isaiah Wong and Kameron McGusty preview Notre Dame
- NC COVID vaccine distribution: UNC basketball coaches got shots
- Preview: The three keys to watch when UNC faces off against NC State
- How to Watch: North Carolina vs N.C. State
- NC State aims for a season sweep of the Tar Heels
- Opponent preview: What to know about No. 16 Virginia Tech
- Game Preview: #16 Virginia Tech at Syracuse
- Virginia hosts Georgia Tech in matchup of two of the ACC’s hottest teams
- Three stats to better understand the UVa men’s basketball team’s start to the season
- Even with shortened rotation, Virginia’s bench players step up
- Wife of Wake Forest basketball staffer charged with embezzling from Make-A-Wish Iowa