On this important episode of the DBR Podcast, we look back at the historic day in sports that was August 26, 2020, when the NBA players refused to play their playoffs games to protest the shooting of Jacob Blake and injustice against Black people in this country. Many of the other sports leagues soon followed by postponing their games. We get into a discussion over whether the NBA players have a bigger platform if they play out the rest of the playoffs or decide to go home.
After the break, Duke Basketball held a protest rally in K-Ville on Thursday, and we discuss what we saw from that rally. The words of freshman Henry Coleman III were the most poignant, and those are the words we choose to lead this episode with.
As always, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments you may have, and we will include them on a later episode.
- Nolan Smith organizes Black Lives Matter protest in K-Ville, Coach K addresses crowd
- ‘We support them’: Kara Lawson focused on relationships as Duke women’s basketball head coach
- Former Duke women’s basketball star Elizabeth Williams makes speech supporting WNBA, NBA boycotts
- Men’s Basketball Spearheads Peaceful Protest - Duke University
- Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski Speaks at Campus Demonstration
- Mike Krzyzewski encourages Duke students to register to vote