The other day our friends at Troy Nunes Is A Magician did a list of Duke players they were more or less okay with. It was a pretty cool idea so we thought we’d return the favor with our favorite Orange players.
So here goes.
- Pearl Washington. He never really made it big in the NBA but in college? He was magical. As much as anyone, he laid the groundwork for the old Big East.
- Tyler Ennis. He was only at Syracuse for one season but the guy was stunning. He understood the game and knew how to win. We loved him. Should’ve listened to Jim Boeheim though when he said he wasn’t ready for the NBA. Boeheim was right.
- Rony Seikaly. He was a relative early European/NCAA player. He wasn’t great but he had style and seemed cool.
- Carmelo Anthony. A freshman led Syracuse to a title? That’s pretty great by any standard plus he did well with the US national team.
- Dave Bing. He was a bit before our time but we admired his NBA career and his character. He just always seemed like a really good guy and very worthy of respect.