Two more bits of transfer news, both heading out of the ACC.
First, Louisville guard Darius Perry will play his final year for Duke legend Johnny Dawkins at Central Florida. He couldn’t do much better than that. Dawkins is a honorable and decent a man as you could possibly hope for. He’ll be treated well there. His dad thinks so too. When asked why UCF he said: “Johnny Dawkins: He is the right coach for him. We went by relationships and not the name on the front of the jersey. They are going to put the ball into his hands, and I like the pieces that are going to be around him. They will make Darius a better player.”
And secondly, Virginia Tech’s Landers Nolley will transfer to Memphis. It’s actually his second time in the transfer protocol: he thought about transferring after Buzz Williams took off but stuck around for a year with Mike Young.
His future at Memphis has some uncertainty since Memphis has a reckoning with the NCAA coming up.
- Former Virginia Tech forward Landers Nolley chooses Memphis over Ole Miss and Georgia
- Landers Nolley chooses Memphis over Georgia and Ole Miss
- Coveted VT basketball transfer Landers Nolley makes decision
- Virginia Tech leading scorer Landers Nolley transferring to Memphis
- ACC All-Freshman star Landers Nolley transferring from Virginia Tech to Memphis
- Virginia Tech guard Landers Nolley transferring to Memphis
- BOZICH | Former Card Darius Perry transferring to Central Florida
- Monday afternoon Cardinal news and notes
- Former Louisville guard Darius Perry commits to UCF
- Darius Perry transferring from Louisville to Central Florida
- Louisville basketball: Darius Perry to join UCF as grad transfer