Only one ACC game Sunday as Notre Dame went to Clemson and handed the Tigers a 61-57 loss.
Monday’s ACC Action
- Florida State @ Duke || 7:00 || ESPN
- Notre Dame 61 Clemson 57
The Tigers were reliably tough but just couldn't pull it off. They played without Aamir Simms, who was ill, and it hurt: Clemson took 34 threes and only made nine of them. He took the inside game with him.
John Mooney had his reliable double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds for Notre Dame. Rex Pflueger, who hasn’t scored that well this year after his ACL surgery last year, had 18.
Notre Dame has now won four straight and with this one moves them to 15-8 and 6-6 in the ACC.
Upcoming trips to Virginia and Duke are not going to be easy but UNC is beatable (albeit sometimes barely) and it’s possible the Irish close with six wins and whatever they can earn in the ACC Tournament. They could make a late charge for an NCAA bid.
The only ACC game Monday sees Florida State visit Duke and we always deal with Duke games separately.
On Tuesday though NC State goes to Syracuse, the Irish go to Virginia and UNC buses over to take on a Wake Forest team that’s much improved lately.
- UNC’s season will be defined by missed opportunities. The Duke loss was just the latest.
- NCAA’s first tournament seedings released today: FSU gets top seed
- Podcast: Duke preview! Recap of the Miami game, the NCAA bracket reveal
- ACC men’s basketball standings: Syracuse jumps back into tie for 4th place
- Clemson basketball falls to Notre Dame
- Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim and Marek Dolezaj talk missed call and technical foul against Wake Forest
- Even in big win over Wake Forest, foul trouble shows Syracuse needs to be ‘smarter’
- How a hodge-podge lineup saved Syracuse in thrilling win over Wake Forest
- Pitt-Georgia Tech observations: Beating the zone, turnovers, thin rotations and more
- Pitt forward Justin Champagnie helps deliver win against Georgia Tech
- CLEMSON BASKETBALL: Tigers fall short vs. Irish |
- Pflueger’s 18 lead Notre Dame to 61-57 win at Clemson