When we ran down some opening night NBA stats for former Duke players we overlooked RJ Barrett which was too bad because he played as well as anyone.
Barrett had 26 on 11-15, grabbed eight rebounds and handed out five assists. He nearly led the team in each category (Julius Randle had nine boards).
The Knicks are an intriguing team because of what rookies Immanuel Quickley and Obi Toppin may add to the core.
Quickley and Toppin are coming off the bench but promising and they have a corollary benefit: they allow Barrett to express his versatility without being chained to a position.
- RJ Barrett balled out on Opening Night, but Knicks are still setting him up for failure
- RJ Barrett Shines Bright Despite Second-Half Meltdown Against Pacers
- Pacers 121, Knicks 107: “RJ is the franchise”
- RJ Barrett In Year 2 Has A Multi-Layered All-Around Game
- Knicks’ offense stalls in second half of loss to Pacers
- The Knicks picked up contract options for RJ Barrett, Kevin Knox
- Knicks exercise contract options for RJ Barrett, Kevin Knox