We didn't see his in time to link it Saturday but here’s Duke’s final pre-season scrimmage highlights.
A couple of things really jump out.
- Jeremy Roach is quick and also fearless. Those things don’t always go hand-in-hand, as Cassius Stanley showed us last year.
- Wendell Moore and Matthew Hurt appear to have made major strides. Hurt is more able o assert himself and Moore is just more comfortable.
- After his hit-and-miss senior year where he didn’t play a lot, Jalen Johnson came to Duke not in the greatest shape of his life. He’s getting comfortable fast. It doesn’t take too long to realize that he’s the most natural NBA prospect on the floor.
- Nobody is Zion but Henry Coleman parents got the blueprint for his body. Hank the Tank indeed.
- This team is going to be one of Duke’s best outside shooting teams in years.
We’ll have to see how Duke manages the inside. There are several options and between Mark Williams, Patrick Tapé, Henry Coleman and Matthew Hurt, Coach K has a lot of options. And don’t forget that each one changes, or could change everyone else’s role on the floor too.
As always, what you see from Duke Basketball in November isn’t necessarily what you will see in February and beyond.