The new polls came out Monday and Duke is #2 in AP and Coaches.
As for the rest of the ACC:
- Florida State: 10/10
- Louisville: 13/11
- Virginia: 18/18
In KenPom we see the ACC teams rated this way:
- Duke: 1
- Louisville: 6
- Florida State: 14
- Virginia: 25
- NC State: 44
- UNC: 59
- Notre Dame: 61
- Syracuse: 62
- Virginia Tech: 70
- Pitt: 81
- Georgia Tech: 88
- Miami: 89
- Wake Forest: 90
- Clemson: 95
- Boston College: 145
They say it’s a down year for the ACC, but from 88-95 no one can touch us! ACC! ACC! AC-oh, never mind.
Three games on tap for Tuesday as Miami visits Louisville, Virginia scoots up to Boston for a date with the Eagles in the Silvio Conte Library & Center For Somnolent Studies while Virginia Tech heads up to the Carrier Dome to see what they can do with Jim Boeheim’s 2-3.
In Louisville, where expectations were sky high, people are apparently getting on Chris Mack. Seriously? Rick Pitino is not walking through that door, folks.
By all rights that should be a dead program walking. Mack has kept Louisville not just above water but in the Top Ten. That is a tremendous accomplishment considering the train wreck that he took over.
Still, people expect more. Keep that up and they’ll be looking for a new coach again soon enough.
The Cards should have enough for Miami and maybe then they’ll give the guy some breathing room.
We can’t see BC beating Virginia unless the ‘Hoos just fall apart.
Finally, Virginia Tech - Syracuse is a tough call. We’re incredibly impressed with the job Mike Young has done so far. His team has totally bought in and he’s put his system in incredibly efficiently.
Facing the 2-3 with thin, short-armed defenders is not nearly as difficult - painful was Young’s word - as Virginia’s Pack Line but it’s not a day at the beach either. We think the young Hokies can pull it off but would put the odds at something like 51-49. Their margin of error, in other words, is extremely thin.
Tuesday’s ACC Action
- Miami @ Louisville: || 7:00 || ESPN2
- Virginia @ Boston College || 7:00 || ACCN
- Virginia Tech @ Syracuse || 9:00 || ACCN
- Former WRAL sports anchor Jeff Gravley has landed in a new job
- Pitt mailbag: What are the best and worst case scenarios for this team?
- How high can an improved Pitt team rise in a weaker-than-usual ACC?
- Virginia hits the road for first time since Purdue loss
- Syracuse zone defense next test for Virginia Tech
- 4 numbers to know for SU basketball vs. Va. Tech
- Dominique’s Dimes: Fans are overreacting to U of L’s struggles
- Opinion: U of L coach Chris Mack deserves time, not criticism