We’re pretty sure that all this week NC State fans were gearing up to give UNC a major whipping.
What a wasted week.
Tuesday’s ACC Action
- Florida State @ Virginia || 7:00 || ESPN
- Syracuse @ Clemson || 7:00 || ACCNX
- Morehouse @ Georgia Tech || 7:30 || ACCNX
- Virginia Tech @ Miami || 8:00 || ACCN
- UNC 75 NC State 65
Brandon Robinson left with an injury. It didn't keep him out but it did slow him down.
Garrison Brooks had another outstanding game with 25 points and 11 boards. Armando Bacot added 11 points and 11 boards of his own.
UNC did defend well but basically won the game on the line where it hit 17-25 to State’s 5-7. Twelve points is just about the difference.
After the game, State’s Kevin Keatts said this: “We’ve got to get tougher. I’ve got to figure out — some of my better players are not playing very good basketball, we’re not shooting the ball well.”
We didn’t see Mike Brey’s post-FSU presser until quite late last night and what can we say but...wow! Did he go off.
If you missed it, Brey went on a brief but epic rant about the officiating and said: “We’re treated by the officials like we haven’t brought football as a full member, but yet we get a full share of the ACC Network TV. Are you kidding me? He T’s up our bench from across the court because he’s pissed off at us? I’m frustrated, man. You’ve got to be kidding me, man. Come on, man. We’re in the league too.”
Honestly we’re not totally sure what he means here but clearly he was pissed and the ACC was not happy, hitting Notre Dame with a $20,000 fine and a reprimand for Brey.
After his reprimand he was calmer, saying “I accept my reprimand for my comments. I’ll take my medicine like a man and accept responsibility. I’ll try to be a good guy the rest of the season”
”I’ve been pretty good at (controlling my emotions) through my 20 years, of not letting them get the best of me. They did the other night and I paid for it.”
Four games on tap Tuesday as Florida State hits Virginia, Syracuse visits Clemson, Georgia Tech hosts Morehouse and Virginia Tech goes to Miami.
The Virginia-FSU game could get interesting. We see Syracuse and Clemson as a toss-up (Littlejohn is never easy as Duke fans were recently reminded). If Chris Lykes and Kameron McGusty are out or limited, it’s hard to see how Miami has a chance against Virginia Tech.
Morehouse? In January? What sense does that make?
- Kobe Bryant’s death a lesson in mortality for UNC players who grew up idolizing him
- Tough enough? No, NC State wasn’t in home loss to UNC, Kevin Keatts says.
- UNC’s Cole Anthony explains why he wants to return so badly
- Weary and wounded, Brandon Robinson the latest to intervene on UNC’s behalf in Raleigh
- Roy Williams still rules Raleigh. UNC wins seventh straight at NC State
- UNC’s Roy Williams talks about the victory over NC State
- Shea Rush on the death of Kobe Bryant: ‘I was absolutely crushed’
- D J Funderburk following loss to North Carolina: ‘We didn’t make shots that we’re supposed to make’
- UNC’s Roy Williams talks about the death of Kobe Bryant
- Virginia men’s basketball team has chance to boost NCAA Tournament resume against No. 5 Florida State
- Virginia men’s basketball family feeling the loss of Kobe Bryant