Former Blue Devil RJ Barrett is currently in a boot with an ankle injury ((but that’s a step up from crutches) and is not playing. He’ll be re-evaluted in a week.
Meanwhile though, being smarter than your average park ranger, Barrett continues to learn and study from the bench.
His new coach, Mike Miller, said this: “Just in conversations, he’s studying the game. He’s talking about things he’s seeing in the game. He’s at a point where he’s played a good number of NBA games , he has this great experience right now, invaluable experience. Now he’s taking it from a different perspective. He’s watching and seeing the game differently and seeing the plays that are made and the execution and all the little details.”
About what you’d expect really. The guy is a worker.
- RJ Barrett’s extended Knicks absence giving him different opportunity
- Knicks guard RJ Barrett to be re-evaluated in a week
- RJ Barrett Making Progress, Still Out: So Who Is Playing More for Knicks?
- Damyeon Dotson’s play is Knicks silver lining to RJ Barrett injury
- New York Knicks: Should we be pleased with the development of RJ Barrett?